MPO (Multi-fiber Push On) fiber connectors (also commonly called MTP connectors) have been a hot item with our clients recently.
The primary benefit of these connectors is their ease of use – MPO fiber connectors use a simple push-on mechanism to connect fibers, which makes them relatively easy to install compared to other fiber optic connectors, helping to reduce installation time and costs. They are also more resistant to dust and other contaminants – including corrosion and moisture, which helps to extend their lifespan.
Some other benefits of MPO connectors are:
- High bandwidth: MPO fiber connectors are designed to support high bandwidth transmission, making them ideal for use in high-speed networks.
- Compact size: Due to their high density, MPO fiber connectors are much smaller in size compared to other fiber optic connectors. This makes them ideal for use in tight spaces, such as patch panels or data centers.
- Low loss: MPO fiber connectors have a low insertion loss, which means that they transmit signals with minimal loss of signal strength. This makes them ideal for use in long-distance and high-bandwidth applications.
- Versatility: MPO fiber connectors are available in a range of sizes and configurations, making them suitable for use in a wide variety of applications. They can be used to connect singlemode fibers, multimode fibers, or a combination of both.
- Improved network performance: MPO fiber connectors can help to improve the overall performance of a network by enabling high-speed data transmission and reducing loss of signal strength. This can help to improve the efficiency and reliability of a network, leading to increased productivity and profitability.
Overall, MPO fiber connectors are a versatile and reliable choice for high-density fiber optic installations. Ready to eliminate your fiber headaches? Contact us today and we will be happy to help you transition to MPO connectors.